- 1 Block Chilli (2 if your bread will allow it!)
- 2 Slices Sourdough
- 45g Mature Cheddar
- 35g Gouda or Mozzarella
- Knob of butter
We like to serve ours with a whole gherkin and slightly too much hot sauce!
- Heat your chilli in the microwave or on the hob
- Grate both cheeses and mix together
- Heavily butter one side of both slices of bread and place butter side down on your board
- Add half the cheese to one slice, followed by the hot chilli and top with the remaining cheese
- Place the second slice of bread on top, butter side up
- Carefully place the sandwich into a non-stick frying pan on medium heat - If unsure, start on a lower heat to avoid burning the bread before the cheese melts
- Weigh the toastie down with a plate, pan lid or press with a spatula
- After 2 or 3 minutes, flip the toastie and repeat on the other side
- Repeat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is fully melted - Add more butter to the pan if necessary
- Cut in half and serve with a gherkin on the side.
You'll need some...
translation missing: en.product.sale_price
translation missing: en.product.price