- 4 Chilli Blocks
- 2 Baking Potatoes
- 2 Spring Onions
- 2 Long Red Chilli
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Grated Cheddar
- Vegetable Oil
- Slice your potatoes up into thin matchsticks and place in a bowl of cold, salted water.
- Slice up the chilli and spring onions on a diagonal bias. Peel the garlic and cut in thin slices.
- Give the potatoes a good rinse in the water and drain them. Dry as thoroughly as possible in a clean tea towel.
- Heat up 2 inches of oil in a large pan. Do not fill the pan more than ¼ of the way. The oil should measure 180c. You can also put a small piece of bread into the oil while heating. When the bread turns golden, the oil is at temperature.
- Carefully drop the chilli, spring onion and garlic into the hot oil and fry until the garlic begins to turn golden brown. Remove with a slotted metal spoon and drain on kitchen towel.
- Carefully drop some of the potatoes into the hot oi. You may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. Fry until the potatoes turn deeply golden brown. Remove from the oil with a metal slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towel. Sprinkle with sea salt while still hot. Repeat this as necessary.
- To serve, layer the seasoned fries with chilli, grated cheese and top with the crispy chilli, garlic and spring onions.
You'll need some...
translation missing: en.product.sale_price
translation missing: en.product.price