- 3 or 4 Harissa Jackfruit Blocks (per person)
- 2 Eggs (per person)
- 50g Feta
- A Handful of Fresh Herbs (We used Mint and Coriander)
- Crusty Bread (Optional)
This is a fantastic way to spice up your brunch. You need to use enough Blocks to just cover the bottom of the pan you are using. We recommend using a small cast iron or non-stick frying pan.
- Find a small-ish pan to make your shakshuka in. Your Jackfruit mix should cover the bottom of the pan nicely and have space for 2 to 4 eggs depending on how many people you want to serve.
- Heat up your blocks directly in the pan, or microwave them and add them to the pan once hot.
- Once your Jackfruit mix is hot, make a little well with a spoon for each egg. Crack an egg directly into each well.
- Turn the heat down to low and cover the pan with a lid or plate. Simmer the covered shakshuka for around 5 minutes, checking regularly. You want the egg whites to be just cooked through and the yolks to be slightly runny.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop your herbs.
- Once the eggs are just cooked through, crumble your feta over the top followed by the herbs. Season the eggs with salt and pepper to serve.
- Serve the Shakshuka in the pan at the table and enjoy as it is or dunk in some crusty bread.
You'll need some...
translation missing: en.product.sale_price
translation missing: en.product.price
£0.00 per block