- 4 Jerk Chicken Blocks
- 100g Sweetcorn
- 1/2 Puff Pastry (Ready Rolled Sheet)
- 1 Egg
You can find ready-rolled puff pastry in the dairy section or the freezer section of the supermarket. This recipe uses about half a sheet. The rest can be frozen or turned into something else!
This is a really easy dish to scale. Just use more blocks and a bigger dish to make a great sharing pie.
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Defrost your blocks overnight in the fridge, or in the microwave. They need to be defrosted but not hot.
- Mix the sweetcorn into the jerk chicken and add the mix to an ovenproof dish. You want the filling to be around 1/2 inch below the top on the dish.
- Lay your pastry over the top of the dish, leaving a 1/2 inch overhang all the way around.
- Press the overhanging pastry into the side of the dish, sealing the filling in and keeping the pastry nice and tight over the top.
- Beat the egg in a small dish and brush liberally over the top of the pastry using a brush or your hands.
- With a small knife, very gently score the top of the pastry in a criss-cross pattern. You do not want to cut through the pastry here, just gently mark it.
- Poke two small holes in the pastry, all the way through to the filling. This is to let some steam escape.
- Place the pie in the oven for around 25 minutes. The pastry should be deeply golden brown and the filling just starting to bubble in the two steam holes.
- Remove from the oven, let rest for a few minutes and serve.
You'll need some...
Translation missing: en.product.sale_price
Translation missing: en.product.price
£0.00 per block