Level up our Chana Dal with a quick homemade Tadka - an instant flavour bomb made by toasting spices in butter or oil!
For the Tadka
- 4 Chana Dal Blocks
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Oil or Ghee
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Handful of whole spices - we used cumin, mustard seed, coriander, curry leaf and dried chilli
- Basmati Rice
- 1 White Onion
- Juice of a Lime
- Nigella Seeds
- Handful of Mint
- Heat up your Dal Blocks until piping hot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil or butter over a medium high heat.
- Thinly slice the garlic and drop into the oil. After about 30 seconds, add the spices.
- Cook until the garlic is just about to turn golden and take off the heat.
- Slice the onion and marinate in the lime juice, salt and mint. Add the nigella seeds.
- Serve your dal in a bowl and pour the hot Tadka over the top.
- Serve with rice and the onion salad.
You'll need some...
translation missing: en.product.sale_price
translation missing: en.product.price
£0.00 per block