- 2 Chickpea Curry Blocks
- 100g Extra Firm Tofu (We used Tofoo Co.)
- 200ml Coconut Milk
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- Pinch of Brown Sugar
- 1 Portion of Noodles (We used 150g Straight to Wok Medium Noodles)
- Handful Mangetout
- 1 Lime
- Handful of Mint and Coriander
- ¼ Cucumber
- 1 Green Chilli
- Salt and Pepper
- Chilli Powder (We used Japanese Seven Spice)
This dish also works great with chicken or prawns in place of the tofu. We like to add a glug of fiery chilli oil to ours!
- Place your Curry Blocks and vegetable stock into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once the blocks have completely defrosted, add the coconut milk and juice a lime to the pan. Bring to a low boil, season with brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste and reduce the heat to low.
- Cut your tofu into thin slices.
- Using a peeler, cut your cucumber into ribbons. Once you reach the seeds in the centre, rotate the cucumber and repeat. You should be left with the watery centre which you can discard.
- Finely chop your chilli and discard the seeds. Pick the leaves from the mint and coriander and discard the stalks.
- Combine the cucumber ribbons, herbs and chilli in a bowl and set aside.
- When ready to serve, drop the noodles and mangetout into the soup and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pull the noodles out and place in the base of your bowl. Add soup until the noodles are just covered. Arrange the tofu, mangetout and herb mix in small piles around the bowl.
- Season the tofu with chilli powder or 7 spice and serve with a wedge of lime.
You'll need some...
Translation missing: en.product.sale_price
Translation missing: en.product.price