Meaning literally "mixed rice", this classic Korean dish is canvas to get creative. Traditionally served with a raw egg yolk to mix through the hot rice, but you can fry yours if that's more your speed!
- 2 Sizzling Tempeh Blocks
- 1 Tbsp Kimchi
- 1 Tbsp Beansprouts
- ¼ Cucumber
- 1 Large Carrot
- Mirin or Rice Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- Sushi Rice (or rice will do)
- Cook your rice according to the instructions on the packet. Sushi rice works great here but microwave white rice is fine!
- Deseed the cucumber and cut into batons.
- Shred the carrot and toss with a splash of mirin or rice vinegar.
- Fry the egg or simply separate the yolk if eating raw.
- Heat your Sizzling Tempeh Blocks until piping hot.
- With the rice as a base, place the egg in the middle and build the rest of the ingredients around the edge.
- Mix the egg through the hot rice and enjoy.