- 3 Jerk Chicken Blocks
- 100g Long Grain Rice
- 1 Tin of Kidney Beans
- 1 Tin of Coconut Milk
- 100ml Water
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 2 Corn on the Cob
- Knob of Butter
- A Spring Onion
This is a really nice take on a classic Jamaican rice dish where "peas" means kidney beans. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan too much. This recipe also makes plenty of rice for leftovers!
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Drain and rinse your beans and add them to a saucepan with the whole tin of coconut milk, 100ml of water, garlic granules and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil and add your rice. Turn this down to a medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, put your corn in a baking tray and place under the grill. They should be ok under the grill until everything else is ready, but check and turn them regularly until they are nicely browned on all sides.
- Heat up you Jerk Chicken Blocks in a pan or in the microwave.
- After it has simmered for 10 minutes, turn the rice down as low as possible and put a lid on top. Cook for around 10 more minutes or until the liquid is fully absorbed. The rice should be tender and fluffy.
- Take your corn out from under the grill and add a knob of butter to the baking tray. Roll the cobs around until nicely coated.
- Divide the chicken between two plates, add a couple of spoonfuls of rice and a piece of corn. Thinly slice a spring onion and sprinkle over the rice to serve.
You'll need some...
translation missing: en.product.sale_price
translation missing: en.product.price
£0.00 per block