- 2 Jerk Chicken Blocks
- 6 Gyoza Skins (Most other dumpling wrappers will work)
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Parsley
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tsp Honey
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- 2 or 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Who doesn't love gyoza? Did you know you can find gyoza skins in the freezer of most good Asian supermarkets? Another big win for the frozen section. These are pretty easy to make once you get the hang of it, and make a great snack or starter for your next dinner party. There are loads of great videos online with tips on how to form the dumplings.
- Take your dumpling skins out of the freezer to defrost under a clean, damp tea towel.
- Defrost your Jerk Blocks in the fridge in advance, or place them in the microwave until just defrosted, but not hot. Pour off any liquid that separates.
- Meanwhile, make your Wasakaka. Chop your parsley with a sharp knife as fine as you can.
- Mix the parsley with the lime juice, honey, chilli flakes a pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil until you have the desired consistency.
- To make your dumplings, place 1/6 of your Jerk Chicken into the middle of a dumpling skin. Gently moisten around the edge of the skin with your finger dipped into some warm water. Bring the edges together to form a half-moon and firmly press around the edges to seal. With the sealed edge pointing up, very gently press the filled dumpling onto the counter to form a flat bottom. You can pleat the sealed edge for presentation. Repeat for the other 5.
- Place a non-stick pan over a medium heat and drizzle in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place your dumplings in the pan, flat bottom down. Cook these over a medium heat until the bottoms are deeply golden brown.
- Carefully pour around 50ml of water into the pan and place a lid on top. This will allow the the dumplings to steam.
- Steam the dumplings for 3-5 minutes until they are soft to the touch, translucent and piping hot. Add more water to the pan if necessary.
- Serve on a plate with the Wasakaka drizzled all over the top.
You'll need some...
translation missing: en.product.sale_price
translation missing: en.product.price
£0.00 per block